Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has nearly 43,000 restaurants in 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. The Company's restaurant brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over six new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.|
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to almost 65 percent in 2015. We're a leader in global retail development, opening on average over six new restaurants per day worldwide.
We're proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with nearly 17,000 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With about 2.5 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our goal is to continue to build three global, iconic brands that people trust and champion. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into more relevant, engaged, connected and caring global brands. We will focus on sharper brand positioning and insight-driven marketing programs by concentrating on these key areas: more product customization, more transparency, leading innovation and more engagement through social media and digital. We also remain focused on the three keys to driving shareholder value: new-unit development, same-store sales growth and generating high returns on invested capital.
Importantly, we're extremely proud of our associates around the globe and the unique culture we've built, one that's filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is a place where anyone can, and does, make a difference.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
At Yum! Brands our customers are using technology as a part of their everyday activities to connect and communicate with our Brands. Within our Brands, our people also embrace technology and look for new, creative ways to leverage its power to improve how we work as an organization and ultimately drive GREATER customer value.
Yum! Brands is looking for a talented and creative Sr. Unified Communications Engineer to provide strong technical leadership and administrative support of our Unified Communications systems. This role will operate in the capacity of operational support for Unified Communications tools such as Microsoft Skype for Business, hybrid Microsoft Exchange Email and Unified Messaging, Acano video bridging, Skype Room Systems as well as Cisco Voice and HD Video systems. This role will also provide some support on Corporate IT project initiatives as well.
- Help develop supporting business cases for new technologies and initiatives to communicate business benefits to senior management and across functions.
- Sustain on-going knowledge of IT industry trends to assess impact for future strategies.
- Participate in the development of technology vision and 3-5 year roadmap.
- Provide assessment of new opportunities and their estimated cost, creating input into IT Annual Operating Plan.
- Lead various global initiatives as required through projects, day to day support or ad-hoc requests.
- Analyze business processes and think creatively about how to optimize these processes through the use of technology.
- Mentors less experienced team members officially and unofficially.
- Able to stretch outside of the unified communications discipline and contribute to broader technology initiatives.
- Maintain extensive and detailed technical documentation.
- Provide secondary\escalation support for global markets outside of North America on all Unified Communications systems.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements and procedural changes for preventative maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and provide ongoing daily support of Unified Communications systems including 24x7 on call. Primarily configure and administer Microsoft Skype for Business, Hybrid Exchange environment, Cisco Call Manager (UCM), Contact Center (UCCX), Exchange UM Voicemail, Acano Video Bridging, Cisco VCS, VCS Expressway and various Cisco video end points. Administration includes but is not limited to configuration\provisioning of unified communications applications and associated equipment.
- Perform daily checks, monitor vendor support and perform required maintenance to keep the Unified Communications system highly available, highly stable, and always performing optimally.
- Proactively identify needs for improvements, capacity changes and upgrades. Plan and implement upgrades and patches to stay on current versions.
- Design and program the call center application and reporting systems based on client business requirements.
- Resolve escalated cases from other UC Engineers, YUM Service desk and other support partners. Perform fault resolution and root-cause diagnosis.
- Act as a liaison between Unified Communications, other Infrastructure groups and external vendors.
- Perform basic support for remote data center, racking/removing hardware, cabling, etc.
- Escalation point for network operations. Maintains level of technical expertise in network technologies: routing, switching, load balancers, wireless, QOS
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- BS/BA required, CIS, MIS preferred.
- Cisco CCNA certification preferred.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- High business acumen and passion to learn about the business.
- 5-7 years of Unified Communications experience including Microsoft Exchange, Cisco VOIP products and Microsoft Communications server platform (OCS, Lync, and Skype for Business).
- 3-5 years of IP video conferencing experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with Cisco networking platform. Experience with large modular chassis systems such as Cisco 6509's, 4506's and Nexus 7000 and 5000 series devices
- VBScript/Powershell scripting and other automation methodologies in an enterprise environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Windows 2008 and 2012 server, Active Directory, server anti-virus, Network and IP services.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal - ability to communicate a technical message in non-technical terms.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and methodology to determine root cause with hardware, operating system, application programs, network failure or security.
- Excellent vendor and client management skills.