Lowenstein Sandler Law Firm is expanding, has a collaborative culture that encourages initiative and provides outstanding client service at all times. The Firm is committed to career development and offers programs that address both personal and professional development goals. Employees are given opportunities to provide community service throughout the year and offered an array of benefits such as Medical, Dental, 401K and a Profit Sharing Plan.
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated drive, dedication, professionalism and a positive attitude. The Senior Legal Secretary’s role is to provide administrative support and advanced patent prosecution support to the attorneys; to relieve the attorneys and other personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing essential duties and responsibilities, which includes the following:
Essential Job Requirements:
• Assists attorneys, agents and/or law clerks in preparing and filing documents with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), various international patent agencies (such as the International Bureau), and filing patent applications with the corresponding foreign Patent Office via the foreign agents.
• Prepare new patent applications for filing, including provisional, non-provisional, CON, DIV, CIP, §371, Request for Continued Examination (RCE) application and all related documents.
• Prepare and report incoming communications to the client in a timely manner.
• Assist with preparing and filing responses and/or amendments to Office Actions.
• Assist with preparing formal documents, obtain appropriate signature and follow-up as needed.
• Assist with uploading documents to the client’s database in a timely manner.
• Review issued patents and draft Certificates of Correction, as needed.
• Prepare and file IDS or Supplemental Disclosure, maintain reference citations, including updating Excel spreadsheet or computer database.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Provide good client service by maintaining a positive and professional attitude as well as positive and cooperative relationship with legal staff, peers and administrators, as well as when interacting by phone or in person with the firm's clients and external contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, 3+ years of experience in patent prosecution.
• Working knowledge of the CFR, MPEP and other patent-related laws and regulations.
• Working knowledge and experience with reviewing and reconciling a patent docket.
• Working knowledge and experience with Patent Application Information retrieval System (Private PAIR ), Electronic Filing System ( EFS), Electronic Patent Assignment System (EPAS)
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, docket software, database management and contact management.
Davis County, Utah
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Amount of Travel Required: None
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibility required by the employee.
Lowenstein Sandler is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler is an equal opportunity employer.