Lowenstein Sandler Law Firm is expanding, has a collaborative culture that encourages initiative and provides outstanding client service at all times. The Firm is committed to career development and offers programs that address both personal and professional development goals. Employees are given opportunities to provide community service throughout the year and offered an array of benefits such as Medical, Dental, 401K and a Profit Sharing Plan.
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated drive, dedication, professionalism and a positive attitude. The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development of the Group’s practice as a whole, and for supporting its individual members with their personal practice development.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Ensure that the group’s marketing materials are up to date, accurate and complete. This responsibility includes:
o Gather, organize and post matter information, including group deal sheets or experience lists.
o Gather and organize information on group news, events, and publications.
o Keep group member bios up to date.
• Assisting the group and its members in business development planning by conducting research, including:
o Research on industry trends and issues that may impact upon clients’ and prospects’ businesses, and recommend actions to capitalize on them.
o Research on clients and prospects to identify needs that we can meet, and possible business development approaches.
• Assist the group and the BD Manager in developing the group’s business plan, and work with its members on their individual business plans. This includes:
o Identify marketing tools appropriate for implementing the plan.
o Follow up regularly with group members to help keep their plans on track
o Coordinate with colleagues in other groups to ensure that we are taking advantage of (and not at cross purposes with) marketing activities elsewhere in the firm, and to facilitate cross-selling,
o Events: Identify opportunities consistent with the group’s strategic plan for the group’s members to get in front of our clients and prospects, and assist in implementing, working with the firm’s event specialists.
• Pitches and proposals. Support the group’s members in preparing new business pitches, and assist in the group’s responses to requests for proposal. This responsibility includes:
o Help prepare the presentations and proposals, coordinating with other lawyers, practices or Marketing Department resources as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree required;
• A minimum of two years of marketing or business development experience required;
• Financial or legal services marketing experience preferred;
• Knowledge of appropriate marketing tactics;
• Excellent organizational and project management skills required;
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once;
• Ability to work effectively with other team members;
• Strong relationship-building skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
Office Location: New York, NY
Schedule: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Amount of Travel Required: Occasional trips to other offices on East Coast
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is an equal opportunity employer.